Year after year, our festive spotlights prove very popular on the business pages of The Yorkshire Times, so this year we’ve brought the Q&A back, but with a difference! For 2018, we’re posing 12 quickfire ‘one word’ questions to businesspeople throughout the region and revealing one per day in true advent calendar style!
First up, it’s Adam Oldfield, Managing Director of Force24…
1. Sum up 2018 for your business, in one word.
2. And a word that summarises how you expect 2019 to pan out?
3. What’s the one word from this year you’re sick of hearing?
4. And the one you hope to hear more of in the 12 months ahead?
5. Which fellow Yorkshire business has impressed you this year?
6. If you could have one present for Christmas what would it be?
Our youngest son’s two front teeth!
7. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever bought for someone else?
My kids’ first bikes.
8. What do you think is the most under-rated thing on your Christmas dinner plate?
9. How many people will be around your table on Christmas day?
10. And which word would you use to sum up the ambience?
11. Your favourite Christmas tipple?
Taylors Vintage Port (with a cheese board)
12. And a message to your friends, family, colleagues and peers as they welcome in 2019? (you can have more than one word for this one!)
2019 from a business perspective could be one of the most turbulent and challenging of our business generation. For people in business – keep in there, keep pushing, keep innovating and keep adapting. There is light at the end of the tunnel! And for people around our business colleagues – friends and family – your support, love, care and wisdom will never be more welcomed, dispense it in plentiful measure!